Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Worrier in Me...

Okay most of you know me well enough to know that on occasion you have gotten frustrated over my lack of detail, care, or thoughtfulness into some aspect of life. I have been know to fly by the seat of my pants and land where I may. However, things have changed. I have come to understand that with one phone call life can change. I see boys on tv confess to their fathers that they are drug addicts and my mind spins as I imagine that one day that could be Caedmon or Justin, as ministry opportunities arise to care for a 13 yr old girl who is pregnant due to no fault of her own, my heart races to think that one day that could be Athan or Holland. As we sit in a local restaurant, with every ding of the door my heart jumps as I look up expecting to see Justin's birthmother walk in the door. Or the thought as I scan the restaurant who in here knows him that I don't know. Our life this week as revolved around paperwork and emails trying to figure out what is best for Justin and again my heart worries. And I start to cry as I realize that I have ABSOLUTELY no control over these situations.

So to Scripture I go... there are multitudes of verses on worry and anxiety but this morning I needed to see the Greatness of The One who does have control over ALL of the situations.

Psalm 93 "The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed; he has put on strength as his belt. Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved. Your throne is established from of old; you are from everlasting. The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voices, the floods lift up their roaring. Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty! Your decrees are very trustworthy, holiness befits your house, O Lord forevermore."

It is He, I AM, who has all these things established and held together for His glory. I must walk in holiness, that only He can provide, and be humble. There is no need to fear or worry, for who am I to change the plans of God, however, I can be quiet and follow Him so that he can teach and prepare me to be his servant in holiness as he allows me the privilege to minister to His people.

"Let us not fear the enemy till he actually comes, and then let us TRUST in the Lord."
Charles Spurgeon

1 comment:

  1. God knows all that is to occur in your life, from your first to your last days. Likewise, he has written the details of your child's lives as well. It's so hard to have trust because our feeble hearts are hungry for control. But feeble is the most important word...God knows this about us, so He doesn't give anything us to handle or control, but instead he gives us the will to submit to His mightyness so that He may handle things for us. If your anything like me, once trust is established, peace follows...and from the peace in your heart, so then comes obedience. Which is the point of all this anyway is it not...Obeidience in all things that Christ is ultimately glorified in everything.
    I love you.
    Praying for you too.
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete