Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year Already?

WOW! There is no possible way an entire year has passed!! As Ryan and I sat by the fire at Martha's house on New Year's Eve we were overwhelmed, thinking of all the events that took place in our Russell World in 2010. Though some blog post have been made, pictures shared, and Christmas Cards sent REALLY it's already 2011? Oh My!

Well, my last post was of Halloween so I have some catching up to do. Early Halloween morning the phone rang waking me from a deep sleep. On the other end the voice of a father Mike telling me that the mother Amanda was ready to have their baby!! Ember Louise entered the world on that Sunday morning and all of our lives have been much brighter since! Congratulations Jancarts!

November oh November... I am thankful that Scripture reminds us over and over that we do not need to worry about tomorrow because really if we knew what was coming we would stop dead in our tracks. It was 4:37 in the afternoon and my daily call from my sister Berni came in... only this time she did not open with "Whatcha doin'?" but with we need you to pray... "all I know is Martha had a seizure and she is being taken to the hospital." Fear, Panic, and shaking ensued. A few hours later another ring and the verdict was in... "Martha has a tumor in her brain." I know that I am more emotional than some... but I praise God that He allows us to feel, to absorb the REAL feelings of the moment.. this was not a made up fear or a bothersome worry... this was REAL and it shook me to the core, screams, cries, moments of peaceful silence. I was emotionally naked and unashamed in the arms of my Savior as He heard my cry, the petition of my heart that He prepare us for His will not our own. There are not enough "Thank You's" on the planet, in the universe to give out to everyone who helped with the children & prayed for us. So, if I have forgotten THANK YOU!! Martha is recovering well and trusting God more and more everyday. Keep praying!

November 12-13 we went to Aberdeen NC to visit our grandparents. We attended a "family reunion" with Grandma Crissman. Uncle Jim, Aunt Barb, Uncle Robbie, Aunt Janice, Aunt Judy, Uncle Kevin, Tina, Jennifer, Tyler & Alex... I am sure I am forgetting someone (I'm sorry) What a precious time.

We visited with Pop & Nanny sharing a celebration for their birthdays and getting to attend church with them on Sunday. Again, had I known this would be Pop's last time in church before his funeral it would have been too much to handle. But the time was priceless... all on one row... Pop, Nanny, Herman, Joye, Tina, Ryan, Myself, Caedmon, Justin, Athan, & Holland... generation after generation worshiping the ONE TRUE GOD! Even to think about it now is too much.

The following Friday... Ryan and I went to see Harry Potter 819283747392 Part 1... LOVED IT! Then I headed to Appomattox to prepare for Thanksgiving with Jordan & Taylor!
Ryan was off the week of Thanksgiving, he attended a ACSI convention with his fellow CCS teachers and rang the cowbell when it was all over! We loaded up and headed north to Appomattox for Thanksgiving!

Enjoy the pictures from November... December will come soon... I hope!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free slideshow design

No comments:

Post a Comment