Monday, May 3, 2010

A Day by myself!

I have mentioned before in past blogs that we grocery shop at Aldi's in Danville. This is a 55 minute drive one way to buy groceries for our family once a month. Well, now that we have four children who are in a stage of LOVING food... we must make the trip every month to stay in our budget. So, this month our dear friends Mike and Amanda Jancart watched Caedmon, Athan, and Holland so that Ryan could work and finish up Spring Retreat projects and after I took Justin to school I headed to Danville ALL BY MYSELF. It was marvelous... list in hand and I was off.
The people at Aldi stared at me like I was Mrs. Duggar as I strolled around two FULL grocery carts. When I pulled up to the check out counter, the gentleman who ALWAYS checks me out, just looked at me and said "I saw you coming and started to sweat!" I can't imagine WHY!!

Here is what it looks like when I get home!!

1 comment:

  1. I am FINALLY catching up with your gorgeous self, and saw this and thought of a book I have on the shelves of my classroom called "The Hungry Planet." It's a book of pictures of families from all over the world, taken in their kitchens with all of their groceries for a week spread out around them. The photographers (a husband and wife team) list what the family bought, how much it cost in their country and then converted it to U.S. dollars. There is also a short explanation of food in that country and the kitchen in which the food is prepared.

    I should bring it for you to borrow. :) Whenever I start to complain about food, I remember a mom in Chad, or a mom in Czechoslovakia, or a mom in India, or a mom in Venezuela... and then I don't feel like complaining.



    Amanda

    ReplyDelete